To the development of a sensible and caring school to social problems and the wellbeing ofstudents, teachers need to be closely involved and be the facilitators to social change. Today, school reaches out to creativity and pursues free expression! With that in mind, this training course aims to raise awareness and also promotes information and gender equality. It is important to the healthy growth of a young citizen to acknowledge gender diversity not only at their school but also around the world.
What is gender equality and why do we need it?
Gender equality is when people of all genders have equal rights, responsibilities, and opportunities. Everyone is affected by gender inequality - women, men, trans and gender diverse people, children, and families. It impacts people of all ages and backgrounds. There is an outrageous amount of hate crimes caused by prejudice and lack of information in that matter.
Preventing starts at a young age clearly because inequalities lead to violence and the obstruction of fundamental freedoms. Gender equality prevents social problems, and it is essential for social and economic prosperity. Societies that value women and men as equal are safer and healthier.
What can a pedagogue do to help prevent this infamous problem?
• Inform and prevent about respect, responsibilities, and rights;
• Promote safe and equal society;
• Show and teach tools to equal access to power, resources, and opportunities;
• Teach content from people of all genders;
• Free and careful communication;
• Evade risky and problematic situations through art and theater expression.
• Express and educate using drama in the classroom as a teaching method to promote gender equality;
• Understand that theater is direct and inclusive;
• Effective communication and development of careful terminology;
• Applying drama in different learning styles attentive to all genders;
• Different outcomes, experiences, and approaches;
• The creative
Equals and proudly different!
Teaching gender through art and theater
Welcome activity and diagnosis test to understand the concepts known;
Get to know me through theatre!;
Drama tools to promote gender equality;
The importance of individuality.
Note: Understanding the importance of an adaptable work to the needs and profile of the groups the program might suffer some alterations.